The Center for Faculty Excellence & Innovation is happy to announce that Pearson has released an update to their Pearson LearningStudio Courses app and that it is ready for download and use on the campus of A&M-Commerce. Once you download the app, search for Texas A&M University-Commerce. You will then be asked to login using your myLeo credentials. More information regarding the app and its limitations are below.
LearningStudio (eCollege) Courses App for iPad Only
App title: Pearson LearningStudio Courses
Supported device and operating system: iPad iOS7
About the App
The Courses app is currently available on iPad devices free of charge.
The Courses iPad App contains the majority of features/functionality for the student LearningStudio (eCollege) experience. Instructors can also use it but will not have Instructor-specific functionality.
Some features and content types currently available in the LearningStudio web experience are not supported in Courses app (see Limitations).
The Courses iPad app will be available to iPad users for free in the Apple App Store. Upon entering the app, users will be asked to search for their school. If their school has registered for Courses, the school will show up, allowing the users to sign in. Students and Instructors will sign in using their myLeo credentials.
The app can be used in either landscape or portrait orientations. It works on second generation iPads and later and is compatible with iOS 7.
- Does not yet support the following course tools: Email, Collaborations, Chat, Quizzes/Exams, Journal, Webliography, Share, ClassLivePro.
- Profiles: Cannot edit profiles, but can upload profile photo.
- Does not support third-party tool integration (including LTI).
- Instructors cannot grade or view submissions.
- Disabled Tools (Doc Sharing) show in the app, even if disabled on the web.
- If Social Course Home or Profiles has been disabled on the web, it will still show in the iPad App. Users will be able to upload profile photos.
- Course Home will show twice for courses that have Social Course Home on the web. Submissions & Gradebook will also show twice in the course menu.
Please send your feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.